We are looking for a new conductor
After 15 years of successful working with our conductor Alexander Monsch, the Town Band Buchen is looking for a new musical director.
The town band has been an important cultural institution in the town of Buchen since its foundation in 1893. The association represents the town of Buchen through the design and framing of a multitude of secular and church events as well as official occasions. It offers a wide repertoire from traditional folk music to modern and symphonic brass music. We pay particular attention to the sound, professional training and promotion of our young musicians. At present, about 75 musicians play in the town band.
For our ambitious orchestra we are looking for one from September 2020:
- motivated musicians with lots of fun making music together.
- a brass band with a modern club structure and culture. Besides the musical aspect, the comradely aspect is also a very important part of our club life.
- Weekly practice (Fridays 20-22). Additional practices such as register practice or additional complete practice, especially in preparation for concerts and performances, are included.
- Annual concert: Spring concert (one week before Easter)
- Joint performances throughout the year.
- Qualitatively good preparation of rehearsals as well as concert programmes and performances, regardless of the type of performance.
- Overall musical responsibility for the town band and youth work.
- Continuous musical development.
- Committed and creative personality and willingness to perform.
- Music school studies or comparable qualification.
- Several years of conducting experience is desirable, but not a prerequisite.
- Close connection to and in the town of Buchen; identification with the town band Buchen and the town of Buchen.
If you are interested in this versatile and challenging job, please send us your application by 31.08.2020 at the latest.
Stadtkapelle Buchen e.V.
Christian Schulze (1. Chairman)
Scheringer Str. 18
74722 Buchen (Odenwald)
We look forward to getting to know you and answering your questions.